Did you know that failure to clean the venting system of your clothes dryer is one of the leading causes of residential fires? According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), clothes dryers were involved in one out of every 22 home structure fires reported to fire departments in this country between the years of 2006 and 2010. In 2010 alone, an estimated 16,800 residential clothes dryer fires resulted in 51 deaths, 380 injuries, and $236 million in property damage. The best way to prevent one of these fires from happening to you is to schedule a professional dryer vent cleaning from All American Chimney Service, LLC. Every load of laundry you do builds up lint and other debris in your dryer vent system. Not only does lint, dust, and hair accumulate in the vent, but small animals and birds can even make their way into your vent, which can leave behind all sorts of debris like fur, feathers, and nesting materials. We would like to emphasize the importance of a professional dryer vent cleaning by telling you how this service can benefit you.

dryer-vent-cleaning-professional-image-louisville-ky-all-american-chimney

A professional dryer vent cleaning prevents residential clothes dryer fires.

Having to run your dryer at higher temperatures for longer periods of time with a vent filled with lint and debris is a fire waiting to happen. We told you the NFPA statistics about the loss of lives and property caused by a residential clothes dryer fire. These fires can be easily avoided and prevented by scheduling an annual professional cleaning as well keeping up with proper maintenance such as always removing and cleaning the lint filter before each laundry load.

A professional dryer vent cleaning improves the efficiency of your clothes dryer.

A clogged up venting system will force your dryer to work harder to be hot enough to dry your clothes because of restricted airflow. If you ever notice having to run your dryer more than once or having to set it at a higher temperature to fully dry a load of clothes, most likely you have debris blocking your vent. When this happens, you are wasting energy and money by running your dryer hotter and longer. Additionally, you are even shortening the lifespan of your dryer. Scheduling a professional dryer vent cleaning from All American Chimney Service not only makes your clothes dryer more efficient, but it will also save you money on utility and repair bills.

A professional dryer vent cleaning reduces your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

When your dryer vent is clogged, it can force carbon monoxide into your home. A toxic gas, carbon monoxide is produced when your dryer burns fuel incompletely during the drying process. With a clear vent, this gas exits your home and causes no problems. However, if your dryer vent is clogged with lint and debris, the carbon monoxide can enter your home to be breathed by you and your family. This could cause serious health problems, even death. Even more frightening, if you do not have a carbon monoxide alarm in your home, you may not know you are being poisoned until it is too late. It is essential that you install a carbon monoxide alarm as well as have your dryer vent professionally cleaned annually to protect yourself and your family from carbon monoxide poisoning.

When was the last time you had a professional dryer vent cleaning? Contact All American Chimney Service, LLC to schedule an appointment today and reduce your risk of experiencing a residential fire.